A Roku player is the last piece that fits right into your entertainment puzzle. Originally an electronics company, “Roku player” became the company’s face as it took the markets by a storm. The Roku device, in pure terms, is engineering excellence and proves to be one of a tough competitor to its counterparts. You have to activate the Roku account using the Roku activation code. Using the Roku activation link – Roku.com/link the Roku activation code is one of the easiest ways to complete the verification of the account. Read this blog to further explore all there is about the Roku device. Use Roku.com/link to set up your account right away.
Here are a few common questions regarding the Roku account and Roku activation.
What do I need to complete the Roku account setup?
You will need the following things to complete the Roku account setup. Some of the detailing may vary depending on the type of device and the Roku player.
- A Roku device
- A steady and reliable power source
- Fast and stable internet connection
- An online payment method, if you want to sue the device to its fullest
- A computer or smartphone
Using this, you can simply follow the basic instructions on your TV to complete the Roku account setup.
How to create a Roku account?
Are you ready to begin Roku account creation process?
It’s essential to create a Roku account to proceed with the device activation. Here we explain the Roku account creation steps in detail
- At first, understand the Roku account creation steps
- If the guidelines are clear, visit the account creation page from your Smartphone, Tablet
- Check if you can view the signup tab
- If yes, provide the necessary data to create a Roku account. You need to update the Name, Email ID, and the Password
- Ensure to provide the valid data to create an account
- Tapping on the submit tab will complete the account creation process
- Make a note of the account login credentials for sign in
How to complete the initial Roku setup?
Setting up your Roku device is the next easiest thing to do other than using it. Just follow the steps below to complete the setup process of your Roku device.
- Unbox the device and lay down all the things that come along with the box.
- This would most probably include cables, power adaptor, remote, etc.
- Now, link the Roku device to your TV. Again, it depends on the Roku device that you are using.
- Some devices connect to the TV through A/V output while most of them connect through the HDMI ports.
- Once you connect the Roku device to your TV, tune-in the right input source to launch the device.
- This is important, so choose the right input.
- If you’ve chosen the right input, you will see the Roku logo on your TV screen.
- After this, a page will load where you have to set the language for your device.
- Use the remote to toggle between the options available and the “resume” or “play” button to select the option.
- Following this, you have to select other preferences like date, region, etc.
- Once you set all your preferences, you’ve to connect the Roku device to a network that can establish a strong internet connection.
- Some of the models support Ethernet ports among other slots, while some don’t.
- So select the type of network you want the device to connect accordingly.
- Once you select the network, enter the right security key for that particular network.
- Now your Roku device will establish an internet connection with the selected network.
How to get Roku activation code?
- After your device is done with the updates, a home screen sort of page will appear.
- You will find your activation code on your TV.
- Note down the Roku.com/link activation code on a paper.
- Ensure to exactly copy the code from your screen.
- Open your web browser and go to Roku.com/link
- Simply type in your activation code on the given space and hit on the “submit” tab.
- Once the code verifies, you will see a popup indication of the successful linking of your account.
- Once the verification is over, a page will lead you to either sign in or sign up for the Roku account.
- If you have existing credentials, use that to sign in; if not, you can create a new one anytime you want by clicking on the signup option.
- Enter the basic information like first name, last name, e-mail ID, password, etc.
- Now set up a payment method for your Roku.com/link account.
- You can either use a credit card or a PayPal account, to complete the transaction
How to complete the Roku activation using Roku.com/link activation code?
You can use the portal Roku.com.link to begin Roku device activation. It’s not a tough task, if you learn roku com activate process. Check if you have the essential requirements to execute the activation steps
- To begin Roku.com/link activation, connect the necessary hardware
- Find the HDMI port and use the HDMI cable to connect your streaming device to the TV
- If the connections are secure, establish the network
- Always use a secure and good speed network
- Also set the language and display settings
- If the above step is complete, sign in to the Roku account
- Now collect the roku.com/link activation code
- Visit the portal, Roku.com/link and provide the Roku activation code
- You are requested to wait until the Roku activate process complete
- Do not get panic, if you get stuck with error codes, you can easily resolve it using the appropriate troubleshooting guide
What if I don’t have a credit card to activate my Roku?
While setting up your Roku account, you can set your payment method to authorize future transactions. This saves a lot of time entering and checking up on the details every time. But you can always choose to do this step after a week.
Roku activation without a credit card is possible. You can simply use a PayPal account to complete the transaction. Also using the PayPal account is the easiest option for most people.
The “Roku account for free” factor doesn’t include the in-app purchases. You can set up your Roku account for free, so that’s a win-win situation.
How to Troubleshoot Roku Activate Issues?
As the process is pretty straightforward, there are not a lot of things that can go wrong. But here is how you perform the Roku troubleshooting just in case. These are general troubleshooting steps.
- If you don’t see anything on your TV screen even after selecting the right port, try a different port or simply unplug and re-plug the cable firmly.
- If you are using a Roku express/express+ models, check whether the audio or video ports on your TV are correspondent with the cables from your Roku player.
- Check your internet connection if you experience any buffering or drop down in the quality. Failure of the device to connect to an internet connection is the most common root cause of your problems.
- If you have any trouble adding the payment methods, double-check your credentials once. If not, ensure you have an adequate internet connection. But if still there is any problem, elevate this issue to the next level of your bank providers.
- The activation codes are unique and need to be reproduced as precisely as possible. They are also valid for a specific period, so it is a must thing to verify the code as soon as possible.
- The possible source for these problems could be- internet, Roku player, TV.
- Once you narrow down the source, it is easy for you to contact the required specialist.
- You can activate Roku whenever you want, so don’t rush into things. Give it some time before assuming there is a problem with the Roku player.
Roku TV is the latest major product lineup from the company. The TV has two sections- HD and 4K. Both the variants have an inbuilt Roku skin as the user interface to interact with the user. You can use an Ethernet cable or wireless network to establish an internet connection with your Roku TV. The platform is vast and contains thousands of movies and series for binge-watching. You can activate your Roku TV by the Roku TV activation link code.
Easy steps for Roku TV Activation
- Once you power up the device, select the language of the device.
- Now, set all your basic preferences like date, time, region, time zone, etc.
- Now, proceed to connect your Roku TV to your network.
- If you are using an Ethernet cable, you don’t need a password; if not you need to select the right network and enter the correct security key for the network.
- The device will start looking for updates after the connection is established. Make sure you allow the download of the latest software version available.
- After the download is complete, a screen will display with instructions on it describing the steps to activate the Roku account.
- Visit Roku.com/link on your web browser on any other device like a laptop or smartphone.
- Enter the activation code that you see on your TV screen in the space given on your webpage.
- Click on the submit button to verify the code.
- Once done, you can see the successful linking of the account.
- You can now proceed to Roku.com/link sign in or sign up and add the channels you want on your device.
- You can start streaming your favorite movies and TV shows right away.
Roku error codes
Roku error code is the part of Roku’s user interface. Whenever there is a technical fault that is too hard for the user to understand, the error codes provide a mechanism to convey the issue to the user. The most common error codes are,
Your device needs to be up to date for proper functioning. If you are sporting old software in the device, some of the functions may not work properly. This will eventually affect the user experience.
How to Solve Roku error code 003?
Try updating the device. The device while booting up will look for all the available software. If you have a proper internet connection and a bit of patience, the device will update itself and hence the code will resolve on its own.
If there is any problem with the internet connectivity of the device, the Roku error code 014 will flash. This is more common than any other error code. Internet connectivity is the real deal if you want to use your Roku to its fullest potential.
How to resolve Roku error code 014?
Double-check your internet connection. You can do this by looking at the settings page on your device. The status of the connection should be good if so try restarting the device; if not try disconnecting and reconnecting the whole shebang.
This is due to an intermittent connection or a slow internet connection. This depends upon many factors, but the most common one is your modem and the internet plan you are paying for.
How to resolve Roku error code 012?
You can get rid of the Roku error code 12 by simply upgrading your internet plan if you are using a slow one. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cables or the network will help you solve the problem most of the time.
This error pops due to the content protection standard that is incorporated on most of the TV and streaming devices. A purple screen will appear when this error occurs.
How to resolve the HDCP error?
Simply disconnect your cable from the HDMI port and reconnect it. This will help you resolve this error. You will need HDCP 2.2 to support 4K resolution, so make sure to check these requirements before opting for the service.
For further information regarding the Roku device or its Roku.com/link activation, do not hesitate to contact our experts panel.